Wednesday, April 1, 2009

" I am a dog lover"
Those of you who know me are well aware of this fact. Now, to clarify, I do not looovve my dogs!

I AM NOT one of those weird dog lover's who dress their dog, carry their dog in a purse or wear their dog as an accessory! LOL!
I love my dog because there is unconditional love! No expectations! They just want to be loved.

All's they need is food, water and love! (kinda like a man,lol!) And they are happy!

So now I am going to gush a little about my lovable "puppies"!


















This is my son, Moqui!

My baby boy! He has been through soooo much with me and love's me anyway. Has never judged when I was stupid, has always loved me when I was stupid, has always followed me no matter where I even when I was being stupid!

I got him from a Golden retriever rescue in Paradise, Utah in 2002. I took my neice, Alexis, and my mother with me to check out a couple of dogs. The ones I was looking weren't there any more so she brought out Moqui instead. I think it took me all of 10 seconds to know he belonged to me.
It was probably the fastest adoption they had ever had.

On the way home, he immediately sat on Alexis in the car. That's how we found out he was a 100 lbs. lap dog!

He is 8 years old now and looking a little bit his age. He is a little neurotic and "NO" he is not on Prozac like my bro-in-law, Poncho, loves to say!lol!
I call him my son because I have never had one of my own!



Duke, my step dog!

I married into this one, he is half great dane, half labrador. Beautiful dog, so loving and full of life! He is big! He keeps us on our toes! He is a great watch dog!
Big enough to scare the neighbors we want scared! Hee! Hee!

Tamara, my oldest step-daughter found him in a rescue in Chico and called Mark, Lindsay and Nick and said "I found you a puppy!" Backstory....Mark loves Great danes... so Tam thought Duke was a perfect choice, not as big as a great dane but he needed a home
and the kids wanted a dog. Perfect match!
Okay now you are going to think we are really crazy!!!

This is Brutus!


Yes, we got a full size Great Dane! I know, I know! You think we are nuts, and maybe we are but look at that face! Ya gotta luv it!

He too, is a rescue dog. We get e-mails from the Great dane rescue of Northern California and he popped up one day. His is 4 years old, fully house trained, VERY gentle, listens better than both Moqui and Duke. He was a special case because he had been given up in southern California by a family with littles kids who tortured him. Also, they found out he had cancer. He had a lump removed from his throat.
He is cancer free right now. They were willing to adopt him out with out any adoption fee because of the possibility of future medical costs, so it made it hard to say no to him. He was free...Mark really wanted him...the rest is history!


My mom would have loved this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment