Saturday, May 9, 2009

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!


This day has such a different meaning for me than it used to.
It was always the day I thanked my mother for
putting up with me and teaching me
all the things I needed to know to become the person I am today.
I still thank her for every thing she taught me even though we lost her a few years ago.


I miss her more and more now that I have become a step-mom. I wish there were times when I could call her and ask her what to do.
She really was my guiding light. She taught how to be kind and think of people before I thought of myself. She taught how to stand up for myself,which she did very well, if I say so myself! lol!
I miss you Mom with all my heart!

This is my second Mother's Day as a step-mom and if anyone had told me that I would love these kids as if they were mine own, I don't think I would have believed them!
I have such incredible, intelligent, vivacious, funny,
wonderful step kids!
They all have such different personalities! They have opinions and say what they feel and Mark and I encourage it. We listen and I actually think they listen to what we say.
Well, okay at least once in awhile!
I am so lucky! I love you all!
If they love me half as much as I do them, I am the luckiest step-mom in the world!

I have to give a shout out to my sisters who are all
great mothers!
I have to thank them for letting me practice on their kids so I was, sort of, prepared to take on teenagers right away! I love being the favorite aunt to all their kids!
They are 3 incredible women and I love you all! You have done wonderful jobs with all your kids!

I also want to wish a Happy Mother's Day to my friends who I think are incredible women! Some of them have children, Danielle,Shauna,Sherry H,Cindy,
some of them are dog moms,Sherry P.,Tammy,Trish,Conna & Mary.
I love you all!

I wish Happy Mother's Day to all my nieces who are wonderful
mothers in their own right!
You,too, Brooke! You will be great!
Happy Mother's Day to you, Michelle! (Mark's sister) I know
you are an awesome mother and an awesome sister-in-law to me!
Thanks for letting me vent on you! Love you!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


1 comment:

  1. i seriously have to applaud the flip flops... that is my one true regret, that i did not wear flip flops for my wedding day!!!
    happy mother's day!

    ReplyDelete